Families that Last (A Service of After Adoption)
|Type||Voluntary Adoption Agency|
Unit 5 Citygate
5 Blantyre Street
|Postal Code||M15 4JJ|
|Coverage||We are looking for families in North West England, West Yorkshire, the Midlands and North Wales. Adoption support provided across England and Wales.|
|Phone Number||0300 456 2656|
|Ofsted report||SC048367 Ofsted audits all adoption agencies as it does schools and nurseries. Click the link to view the latest Ofsted reports for this agency.|
Families that Last is part of After Adoption, an established Voluntary Adoption Agency with over 20 years experience. The Families that Last team assesses, approves and supports adopters from across the Midlands, Merseyside and North Wales, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire and Yorkshire.
What makes Families that Last unique is the level of support we provide at every stage of your adoption journey. This includes supporting your new family for life, giving you access to a comprehensive package, including award-winning training, which you can tap into whenever you need it.
We match adopters with children who are waiting across the country, as well as with the children we are specifically family finding for through our child-specific route.
We specialise in matching adopters with children who wait longest; they can be older (three and above), sibling groups and children who may have some uncertainty around their health or development.
Once you’re matched with your child or children, we’re still here. In fact, our mission as a charity is to support people at every stage of their adoption journey, and that includes supporting your new family for life. After Adoption provides a range of Adoption Support Services, including general counselling to people in anyway affected by adoption.
Our Adoption Support Services include:
- SafeBase therapeutic parenting programme: Strengthening the relationship between adoptive parents and their children, improving family stability.
- SafeBase in the teenage years: A follow up course for parents who have completed the SafeBase therapeutic parenting programme and whose children are now teenagers.
- SafeBase for Schools: Provides training to schools to provide practical strategies to support adopted pupils.
- Therapeutic intensive adoption support services: Individual packages of therapeutic support to meet each family’s assessed needs.
- TALKadoption: TALKadoption is our unique service for young adopted people. It provides regular opportunities for young people to get together, to share their experiences and to engage in fun and creative activities. This helps to build confidence, reduce isolation and support positive peer relationships.
- Camps and short breaks for adopted young people and families: Weekend camps for adopted children aged 11 to 18 run across the UK. Short breaks for younger children aged 7 to 11, will be creative, fun workshops opening up possibilities for adopted young children to be with their peers in a safe, creative environment.
- ReUnite: A search and intermediary service helping to reunite people separated by adoption.
- Birth Ties: Independent support to birth parents and relatives who face losing a child to adoption or who will no longer be parenting their child.
For more information visit www.familiesthatlast.org.uk