After Adoption (South Wales)
|Type||Voluntary Adoption Agency|
Ground Floor Offices, Penhevad Studios
|Postal Code||CF11 7LU|
|Coverage||We are looking for families in North West England, West Yorkshire, the Midlands and North Wales. Adoption support provided across England and Wales.|
|Phone Number||02920 666597|
|Ofsted report||SC436441 Ofsted audits all adoption agencies as it does schools and nurseries. Click the link to view the latest Ofsted reports for this agency.|
After Adoption provides a range of Adoption Support Services, including general counselling to people in anyway affected by adoption.
Our Adoption Support Services include:
- SafeBase therapeutic parenting programme: Strengthening the relationship between adoptive parents and their children, improving family stability.
- SafeBase in the teenage years: A follow up course for parents who have completed the SafeBase therapeutic parenting programme and whose children are now teenagers.
- SafeBase for Schools: Provides training to schools to provide practical strategies to support adopted pupils.
- Therapeutic intensive adoption support services: Individual packages of therapeutic support to meet each family’s assessed needs.
- TALKadoption: TALKadoption is our unique service for young adopted people. It provides regular opportunities for young people to get together, to share their experiences and to engage in fun and creative activities. This helps to build confidence, reduce isolation and support positive peer relationships.
- Camps and short breaks for adopted young people and families: Weekend camps for adopted children aged 11 to 18 run across the UK. Short breaks for younger children aged 7 to 11, will be creative, fun workshops opening up possibilities for adopted young children to be with their peers in a safe, creative environment.
- ReUnite: A search and intermediary service helping to reunite people separated by adoption.
- Birth Ties: Independent support to birth parents and relatives who face losing a child to adoption or who will no longer be parenting their child.