Hampshire County Council
|Type||Local Authority Agency|
|Consortia||Adoption South Central Adoption Consortium|
|Postal Code||SO31 7HD|
|Phone Number||0300 555 1384|
|Ofsted report||February 2014 report (PDF) Ofsted audits all adoption agencies as it does schools and nurseries. Click the link to view the latest Ofsted reports for this agency.|
Hampshire County Council is a local authority Adoption Agency which provides a range of services to support prospective adoptive parents through assessment and following the Adoption Order.
Hampshire’s Adoption Service actively recruits, prepares, assesses and supports adopters to provide the best possible life opportunities for children who need to be adopted.
We welcome prospective adoptive parents from all sections of the community, including applicants from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, single applicants and same sex couples.
Hampshire’s Adoption Service welcomes the government’s new two-stage assessment process for prospective adoptive parents and will be fully implementing this from 1 July 2013.
Our service supports adoptive parents through:
- Comprehensive preparation training and workshops.
- A thorough home study assessment and time for self-reflection.
- Active support and guidance with matching a child.
- Support with linking and introduction to children, and the transitional process.
- On-going training and workshops post placement.
- Access to comprehensive adoption support services – including assessments of adoption support needs; parenting strategies, access to therapeutic parenting support, support groups and training events.
- Well established links with local CAMHS and Education Services.
Hampshire’s Adoption Service has an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating. In the last 12 months we have placed 72 children with adoptive parents.
Want to find out more?
We hold fortnightly information sessions should you wish to find out more about adopting with Hampshire. Our website is regularly updated to outline our specific requirements.
For more information visit www.hants.gov.uk