North Somerset Council Adoption Team
|Type||Local Authority Agency|
|Consortia||South West Adoption Consortium|
Weston Super Mare
|Postal Code||BS23 1UJ|
|Coverage||North Somerset. Areas of Somerset, BANES (Bath and North East Somerset), Bristol and South Gloucstershire, depending on travel distance to North Somerset.|
|Phone Number||01275 888 236|
|Ofsted report||SC056766 Ofsted audits all adoption agencies as it does schools and nurseries. Click the link to view the latest Ofsted reports for this agency.|
North Somerset Adoption Service aims to:
- ensure that all children living in North Somerset have the opportunity to grow up in a permanent, safe, loving home, and where this cannot be provided by the birth family, adoption will be considered.
- ensure that the needs, wishes, welfare and safety of the child are at the centre of the adoption process
- provide placements which meet these individual needs, including those of ethnicity, religion, sibling groups, disabled children, children with complex emotional and behavioural needs and children with special needs
- ensure that people who are interested in becoming adoptive parents (including those wishing to adopt a child from overseas) are welcomed without prejudice, responded to promptly and given clear information about recruitment, assessment, approval and support services
- ensure that birth families are treated fairly, openly and with respect throughout the adoption process and have access to adoption support services
- ensure that adopted adults are treated fairly, openly and with respect throughout the process of searching for their records
- work in partnership with other agencies, using an holistic and multi-disciplinary approach, to meet the needs of adoptive families.
We are looking for adopters who are able to consider a single child aged 4 years and older; or siblings where one of the children is over 4 years of age, please get in touch for more information.
For more information visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk.