St Francis’ Children’s Society

Type Voluntary Adoption Agency
Consortia Six for Families
Address Collis House
48 Newport Road
Milton Keynes
County Buckinghamshire
Postal Code MK15 0AA
Region East
Coverage Central Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Luton, Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire (max 50 miles/I hour's distance from Milton Keynes office)
Phone Number 01908 572700
Ofsted report SC049107 Ofsted audits all adoption agencies as it does schools and nurseries. Click the link to view the latest Ofsted reports for this agency.
Ofsted rating Good


St. Francis’ Children’s Society is an independent adoption agency based in Milton Keynes.

Our adoption service is called Adoption Connections, and is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted. Our team are warm and friendly, and we welcome all kinds of adopters for all kinds of children, regardless of age, race, cultural background, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.

Our adoptive families are offered a wide range of support services, both before and after they are approved. Our adopters and their children have access to a range of counselling, training, therapy, workshops, a ‘buddying’ scheme and various family events. Our purpose-built Family Centre provides the perfect space for these activities to take place.

SFCS is especially committed to finding families for children who are deemed ‘hard to place’ – including children over the age of four, sibling groups, children with disabilities or additional special needs and children from black and minority ethnic backgrounds. Find out more here.

Regular information events take place throughout each month. These events are hosted by knowledgeable staff and experienced adopters who offer advice, share their experiences and answer your questions. Visit for details.

As well as finding new families for children who are awaiting adoption, SFCS also helps others affected by adoption. Our Birth Connections service offers advice, support and counselling to birth parents and other family members who have lost a child to adoption and are struggling to come to terms with that loss. We also offer family tracing services and appropriate counselling to adults who were adopted as children, through our Building Connections service.

Visit to find out more, or just email – we’ll be delighted to help you.

Work for this agency and need to notify us of a change?