The Children featured in the Mirror
We’ve partnered with the Daily Mirror again to find a family for just some of children waiting to be adopted in England.
Find these twins their ‘forever family’
Charlotte and Jessica are 3 year old twins who were born 13 weeks premature. Both have a visual impairment but are managing well with their glasses and can see to look at books, colour and people. Both girls have global developmental delay but are making progress every day. They are able to understand, communicate and they talk in one or two word sentences. The plan is that they will go to mainstream school with an assessment of the support that they will need to help them to flourish.
Charlotte is walking and loves to play on her slide in the garden. Jessica has cerebral palsy and at the moment gets about by crawling commando style and is very determined in getting where she wants to go. She has a standing frame and in future she will need the use of a walker to get about.
An ideal family for Charlotte and Jessica would be:
- People who have lots of love and patience and have a strong support network who can offer practical and emotional support
- Able to offer a nurturing, calm and loving environment to enable Jessica and Charlotte to develop new attachment bonds and to meet their emotional needs
- Have the time and energy to provide appropriate stimulation for them to develop
- Comfortable with their health needs and accepting of the girls’ uncertain health and developmental needs
- Able to support any special needs education
- Open to working alongside educational and health professionals to help the girls reach their full potential.
If you think you could offer the family that these children need, please get in touch by calling us on 03oo 222 0022 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org