First4Adoption is the national information service for people interested in adopting a child in England. We give clear and impartial information about adopting and can put you in touch with adoption agencies in your area.
We’re here to help you become an adopter
Adopting a child is a life-changing experience. It’s one of the most important decisions you could make, so we are here to help you feel able to make it.
On this website you’ll find all sorts of helpful information on the adoption process and what it is like to be an adoptive parent. On our phoneline you will find trained advisers who are happy to answer your questions and help you understand the journey ahead.
We are here to help you whether:
- you are in the early stages of considering adoption,
- have a specific question about your eligibility or individual circumstances,
- want to know more about what it means to become an adoptive parent,
- would like to find out how to take the next steps,
- have questions at any stage of the assessment process,
- would like to know about support available post-adoption.
Call our adoption information line on 0300 222 0022. Our advisers are on hand to take your call from 10am – 6pm, Monday – Friday.