As an adoptive parent in England you are entitled to a range of financial support to help meet the specific needs of your child. They include:
- Adoption Support Fund – funding for therapeutic services to help achieve a range of positive outcomes for you and your family.
- Adoption leave and pay when your child is placed with you
- Early Years Pupil Premium – £300 of extra funding for every adopted 3 and 4 year old in early years education.
- Pupil Premium – £1900 of extra funding for state-funded schools to help meet each adopted child’s educational needs.
- Discretionary Housing payments while waiting for your child to be placed with you.